Our family loves vegetables. And while we love vegetables, we’ve found that our kids can only handle so many salads in a row. Enter warm oven roasted vegetables. When we find we can’t do another salad we like to switch things up from salads, salads, salads and serve a side of garlic roasted vegetables.
These garlic roasted vegetables are a family favorite. The easiest way we’ve found to roast vegetables is in the oven. This recipe is quick and easy, and oh. so. delicious. In fact, we hear a lot less grumbling from our kids when we make these garlic roasted veggies.
This dish is a little heavy on the garlic, so if you don’t love garlic as much as we do, feel free to add less. Or add more. Do your thing.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made with the freshest garlic, our minced garlic in water is a must-have in every kitchen. It adds a burst of flavor to any dish, from pasta sauces to marinades and stir-fries
- CONVENIENT AND EASY TO USE: Our minced garlic comes ready-to-use, saving you time and hassle in the kitchen. Simply spoon out the desired amount and add it to your recipe. No need to peel or chop garlic cloves anymore!
Tips for roasting vegetables
- Use frozen veggies! Frozen veggies are easy to keep on hand. We love them because they don’t get shoved to the back of the refrigerator until they become a scary mess. You can pull them out anytime. They also come pre-chopped and ready to use.
- Use your favorite fresh veggies. We have yet to roast a veggie that we don’t love. Almost any vegetable is better when roasted with garlic.
- Chop things up to be the same size. This cooks things evenly and keeps smaller vegetables from burning.
- Add in your favorite herbs. We love to use garlic and olive oil in our roasted veggies, but this is a great place to get creative and add your favorite herbs. Garlic and herb roasted vegetables are delicious!
- Don’t cover it. You want your veggies to get a little bit of browning on them. That browning makes them so good. Covering your vegetables with foil also means they’ll be much more likely to get soggy.
What is the best temperature for roasting vegetables?
The first time you roast vegetables in the oven, you might feel a little intimidated. Maybe you’ve even tried it already with poor results that make you feel “meh” about eating your vegetables. The key is the have a temperature that is high enough to get good browning, but not too high to burn your veggies before they are soft. We like to aim for anywhere between 400-425°F. This recipe roasts at 415°F.
Garlic Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 2 bags (16oz. each) frozen vegetables
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (about 6 medium cloves)
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS for oven roasted vegetables
- Place frozen vegetables on cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Toss veggies together until olive oil and garlic are spread evenly throughout.
- Place in 415° oven for 20 minutes, or until tips of vegetables begin to get a little charred.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Do you need to eat more veggies? Would you rather eat salad or cooked vegetables? Be sure to share this recipe with all your food loving friends!