In our house, Friday night is pizza night! My oldest son loves pizza. If we let him, he would eat pizza every night. The rest of my family needs a bit more variety. I try to keep things fresh by using different flavors and types of pizza. This garlic chicken pizza made with French bread is one of many kinds of pizza we’ve tried and loved.
Papa Murphy’s makes a really delicious garlic chicken pizza that I really enjoy. You can make the same thing at home. We put ours on French bread because it’s an easy and unique take on things. But you could also make some dough and add this sauce to it like a regular pizza.
Garlic chicken pizza with French bread
Get out that French bread. Cut it in half. My husband loves making French bread from home, but you could also just grab a loaf from your local bakery. Cut your loaf of French bread in half lengthwise and lay out out on a large baking sheet.
Time to start your garlic sauce. This white sauce recipe from Nellie Bellie is a good start. But I made a few changes to the seasonings for this pizza. Let’s get started.
Add olive oil and minced garlic to a heated pan. Roast the garlic until it browns a little.
Mix in 2 tablespoons of flour. It’ll clump a little. That’s okay. The lumps will even out as you whisk in the milk. Slowly add in the milk. Whisk quickly to remove any lumps. Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Once to your desired thickness, remove from the heat. You should be left with a beautiful white garlic sauce. Ideally, you won’t have any lumps. But life is never perfect. If you have a few small lumps, it won’t ruin your pizza. With all of those toppings you won’t even notice the lumps. Just go with it. You’ll get it next time. 🙂
Cut up your pizza ingredients. For this particular pizza, you’ll want to chop up green onions, tomatoes, and cooked chicken. I usually just throw a few pieces of chicken in my Instapot to cook quickly, but you can cook the chicken however is easiest for you. You could even use canned chicken, or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store if you are in a hurry.
Layer your French bread halves with ingredients. Start with the garlic sauce. Spoon the sauce over the bread. Add cheese, chicken, tomatoes, and green onions.
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Your family will love this pizza. It’s so easy that even your kids can help you put this together. It’s also a nice change when you are tired of pepperoni pizza.
Love garlic? Try these Easy Garlic Roasted Vegetables.
French bread garlic chicken pizza recipe
- Loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 cups diced chicken
- Cut your French bread in half lengthwise. Place on large baking sheet.
- Add olive oil and garlic to a heated frying pan. Fry the garlic until slightly browned.
- Add flour to the garlic and oil. Mix well.
- Slowly mix the milk into the flour mixture. Whisk well to remove lumps. Add in the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir constantly until the sauce reaches your desired thickness. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the garlic sauce over the French bread.
- Layer cheese, chicken, tomato, and green onions onto the French bread pizza.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.